Welcome to Horowhenua-Kapiti's Coaching Corner. This season will see HKCA put a huge emphasis on helping our junior coaches and managers by offering online coaching support, practical sessions and police vetting.
New Zealand Cricket have put guidelines and plans in place to make sure not only are our children being coached in a safe and fun environment, but also our that coaches are protected and have the tools to help them coach and develop our regions juniors.
New Zealand Cricket have made it mandatory that ALL COACHES/MANAGERS are required to register as a coach and complete Online Modules and a Police Vetting. In terms of the police vetting process, NZC wishes to emphasise this is not an attempt to identify or disqualify individuals with minor or irrelevant criminal records, either current or historic. On the contrary, the initiative is based on creating safer and more secure cricketing environments for both children and vulnerable adults, and for those charged with upholding a duty of care and responsibility – ie: NZC, MAs, DAs and clubs.
Below is a picture of what coaching qualification you should be signing up for based on the level you are looking to coach. Please take some time to identify which course best suits you and then register through the link provided. Here is a simple list of how to register;
- Register through the link provided here - https://www.nzc.nz/community/coaches-corner/register
- If you are already registered, please sign in here - https://www.nzc.nz/community/coaches-corner/existing-coach-login
- When registered please ensure all details are filled in.
- Please ensure all Child Welfare and Vulnerable Adults Modules are completed. (30 Minutes Max)
- From there you will then complete your online coaching module that you chose when registering. (60-90 Minutes Max)
- Once all this has been completed, HKCA will be then running a practical session that will require you to attend. Courses range from 1-2 hours depending on the qualification you have chosen. Dates and Times to be provided soon.
- Once the practical is completed, HKCA will submit your police vetting at no cost your own and a certificate will be sent to your email address once processed.
- Happy Coaching.